Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bathroom Organization





I live in a tiny cottage near the coast with no storage. We have one small bathroom with single sink and four cabinet doors. So I have found some practical storage solutions for the things that must sit out in view. I found a beautiful little cup covered in shimmery fabric with beading at a small boutique in Apalachicola, Fl called Riverlily. It is perfect for holding all my make-up brushes up-right so they maintain their shape. I also have an antique floral bowl that holds all the odds and ends, such as nail polish, bobby pins, etc. These sit on a hammered tray that has an embossed peony. My other storage addition is a tiny wire shelf acquired from a junk shop. The shelf hold magazines, my Anthropologie hand towels and wash clothes, a blue and white flower pot with bath soap, and extra razors in a bamboo box. One of my favorite finds is the opal soaprock. It is a beautiful turquoise and cobalt soap bar with metallic gold swirls. The soaprocks are sold by different retailers and come in various shapes and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment