Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Heirloom Jewelry


My favourite piece of jewelry was given to me by my grandmother a few years ago. She was given this charm bracelet by my grandfather in the 60's and received charms as gifts on special occasions. One charm says "Just to Say Hello" and has a telephone and five semi-precious stones. It is engraved on the back with "Love Margie 12-25-61" and was given to my grandmother from her sister, Margie, for Christmas. There is also a "Happy Anniversary" charm engraved with "8-25-71." The charm I love the most is the heart with the tiny blue pearls in the center.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to own something like that, that tells a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's very special to me. I will have to do another post on the infamous Aunt Margie!

    ReplyDelete